Friday, September 3, 2010

...expected to sit quietly at her desk until 30 other students caught up...

FrederickNewsPost.com: Students go to head of the class with homeschooling

...Christine Colburn pulled her daughter, Calle, out of Montgomery County Public Schools when she finished second grade.
Colburn said her last straw was being called into the school because Calle was "fidgeting" at her desk. Colburn discovered that Calle was finishing her work much more quickly than her classmates, and then was expected to sit quietly at her desk until 30 other students caught up.
"I asked if she could be given other work to do, or be allowed to take a book out of her desk and read, and I was told that wouldn't be fair to the other students," Colburn said. "I love all children, but I'm worried and concerned for my child first."

1 comment:

  1. That's ridiculous. Did the principal back the teacher up? I remember being in 2d grade with the exact same issues but teachers back then would let me sit in a corner and read a book.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com