Thursday, May 19, 2011

First Message from the Incoming Superintendent


From: Montgomery County Public Schools
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:22 PM
Subject: A Message from Dr. Joshua Starr, Incoming Superintendent

To the staff of Montgomery County Public Schools,

This week begins what I expect will be a long and fruitful journey at Montgomery County Public Schools for me and my family. It is an honor and privilege to be the next superintendent and to succeed Dr. Jerry Weast, an exceptional leader who has worked with you to make MCPS a national model of excellence.  

In the coming weeks and months, I will be getting out to your schools, offices, and facilities to  meet with you and hear your thoughts, but I wanted to take this opportunity simply to say “hello” and to tell you how excited I am to come to work with you.

Montgomery County Public Schools has earned a distinguished reputation as a school district that is getting it right by setting high expectations for all students, offering a wide array of opportunities and supports and, most importantly, getting outstanding results. In my conversations with staff, community members, the Board of Education, and Dr. Weast, it is clear that this reputation has been built by the teachers, support professionals, and administrators of MCPS.

I know that transitions can be challenging. Transitions also can be exciting opportunities for growth and new beginnings.  I want to assure you that I do not believe that MCPS is a school district that needs radical changes or quick fixes. You’re doing a great job and it is my goal that this transition will not disrupt in any way the fine work you are doing.

I can’t wait to get to know all about MCPS and I look forward to learning from all of you. Over our years together, we will learn how to improve opportunities and outcomes for all children. We will look at our results, study our policies and programs and then determine, in a collaborative way, how to make this great school system even better so that every student achieves at the highest level.

I look forward to beginning my work here on July 1. Until then, it is my hope that you have a successful end of the school year.

Sincerely,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com