Thursday, August 2, 2012

Churchill gets about $100,000 per year from booster club; Kennedy gets $7,000


  • This is the way social justice warriors run a public school system?
  • Booster Clubs are private organizations. The Booster Club will be selecting the advertisers for the scoreboard, not the Board of Education.  Can a liquor store advertise at a football game? What are the rules? 
  • What happens when the Booster Club can't maintain the $80,000 sign?  Taxpayers must step in.

The Gazette:  The haves, and have nots
...Conversely, at John F. Kennedy, longtime athletic director Ken Cudd said there is no active booster club. The Silver Spring school’s organization dissolved last winter due to a lack of parental support... 
...“There’s a lot of haves and have-nots, so maybe there needs to be a booster salary cap or luxury tax,” James H. Blake booster club president Mark Wannen said with a laugh...

2 comments:

  1. I remember about 15 years ago I had to pick something up from Churchill around 3:00PM on a Friday afternoon. I parked in the staff parking lot as I was a MCPS employee. An adult came running over telling me I had to move my car because I was parking in the reserved parking section for the football game that night. I told him I was an MCPS employee parking in the lot for 15 minutes to pick something up from the main office. As I was walking towards to school he yelled that my car would be towed. It wasn't but I was amazed that they were allowed to sell parking passes to a parking lot in a public school.

    I wonder if they still do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet!

      ♦ Bid on Prime Churchill Parking Spots ♦

      http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/950603/3aee6f73ad/1556018779/85c002efc6/

      It may be a public school with a public parking lot, but social justice warriors will charge the public to use public space. Churchill even sells parking places on the STREET.

      Delete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com