Monday, November 11, 2013

Starr writing about his first 2 years in MCPS

...As I begin my third year, we have truly begun the work of improving an already excellent school district. This includes the adoption of a new strategic planning framework aligned to the skills and knowledge our students will need in the 21st century — academic excellence, creative problem solving and social and emotional learning, which means attending to the hope, engagement and well-being of kids. I believe our new framework will put Montgomery County in the vanguard of national education because of our strong focus on skills beyond academics.
We’ve had strong community support for the framework and other initiatives, and I know that is, in great part, due to the work we did during my first year to engage and listen to our students, staff and community members. We will continue to employ many of the same strategies used in my entry work to communicate with our stakeholders. Together we will build a strong future for our students and be a national model for preparing kids to be successful beyond graduation.
Full article by Superintendent Joshua Starr: http://aasa.org/content.aspx?id=30520

2 comments:

  1. "We will continue to employ many of the same strategies used in my entry work to communicate with our stakeholders." Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there will be some modification, especially with how the parents of special education students are treated if they challenge the system. I am not impressed with the style of communication with parents as partners.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com