Thursday, April 11, 2019

Senator Bobby Zirkin stood in the way of the long gun bill

When Maryland legislators recognized five fallen members of Capital Gazette this session, they seemed to stand in unison. But the machinations in the Senate on Monday spoke volumes louder than these words.
The difference in Maryland leadership was stark that day...
...When I wrote to The Capital about how legislators seemed more interested in Opening Day in Camden Yards than in fulfilling the mandate of the voters, I received a Facebook message from Zirkin, calling me names. More importantly, he said some facts were incorrect, so I rushed to make his requested corrections...
...While I contemplated this draft article and agonized over whether it was fair to Zirkin, I received a second private Facebook message from him that ended my concerns. This message accused me of again being untrue when I had commented that his delays were preventable.
He insisted that he “could show me every text or email” to prove he did not delay the bill. I gave him my personal email, and asked him on his public page to share it. I have no response. He did delete my post, along with unrelated posts by others. He also blocked me from posting again, behavior that Marylanders paid fines for when Larry Hogan did it last year...

3 comments:

  1. "Their Twitter feeds would soon include rape jokes at our expense. Legislators expressed confusion. Zirkin kept his head down at his desk, shuffling papers."
    So much for their recent sexual harassment prevention training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.marylandmatters.org/2019/12/03/powerful-committee-chairman-zirkin-to-step-down/
    “I’ve been thinking about this for some time,” Zirkin told the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.marylandmatters.org/2019/12/05/ferguson-bestows-judicial-proceedings-gavel-on-smith-at-star-studded-fundraiser/
      “Lawyers are in short supply in Annapolis and good lawyers are in even shorter supply,” Frosh observed.

      Delete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com