Friday, September 23, 2016

WUSA9: Car Totaled After Being Hit by MCPS School Bus

It was two weeks ago when that MCPS school bus hit Augenbaum's car, which was parallel parked in front of his home on Arcola Avenue in Silver Spring. The car hasn't moved since.
"The county told me they won't remove the destroyed car, that it's my responsibility to move the car and they're deducting their estimated salvage value of the car from what they're going to pay me," said Augenbaum.
Montgomery County offered to pay about $12,000 for the car. Augenbaum insists it was worth $15,000. His insurance company has yet to make a move, waiting for the county to step up.
"In the meantime, I don't have a car, I can't afford to buy another car, I can't fix this one, I can't replace it," said Augenbaum.


http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/silver-spring/owner-could-face-fines-after-car-totaled-by-montgomery-co-school-bus/323495689

1 comment:

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com