Saturday, December 16, 2017

Nashville Public Schools and #Me Too

Congratulations to Nashville Public Schools. You are now a member of the #Me Too community.

You didn't listen to those of us from up North in Montgomery County Public Schools. We told you that you hired a cadre of administrators who didn't work out in MCPS.

Did you believe us? Apparently not.

Did you conduct any type of background check? Doesn't look like it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2017/12/08/nashville-public-schools-administrator-resigns-amid-harassment-investigation/935890001/

So, it comes as no surprise to us that Mo Carrasco, one of our formerly esteemed administrators WHO WAS REMOVED FROM HIS SCHOOL in 2008 for a whole slew of misbehavior engaged in the same behavior.

You've been Mo Carrasco'd.

And now my PTSD kicks in.

Our issues didn't involve improper touching, although there was a general sense that this occurred as supported by a lawsuit on record in our county. Lucky us.

I just went through my emails from April to June 2008, when my daughter was enrolled in the same school. I see emails where I tried to explain to the County Council what was wrong while the PTSA leaders and faculty defended the principal.

And, I see emails recounting to my friends the number of calls I received on a daily basis, at my office, at home, and on my cell from the principal.

RMHS Principal Moreno Carrasco is under investigation for a possible ethics code violation. <i>Photo courtesy of the American Immigration Law Foundation.</i>

And, I see other emails where I noted my concern for whether my daughter would be able to safely finish her senior year in high school without further incident.

And, the final emails saying Mr. Carrasco had done nothing wrong.

Ouch.

Yes, my child finished, and I have the picture of her shaking the principal's hand at graduation.

But it wasn't a pleasant experience, and I am sorry that another school, another school system had to have this experience.

Please folks - know that an experienced principal or school administrator, or group of administrators, doesn't simply find themselves available, especially as a group, unless something is wrong. Its not as simple as Montgomery County's loss is your gain.

Yes, the internet may have false stories, and its often hard to figure out what is real and what is fantasy.

But - if you don't look, you will never know, until your own school system gets hurt.

Mo Carrasco has announced his retirement from education, and this should be the end of his saga.

Be careful, and do your research, before you find yourself in a similar situation.



6 comments:

  1. Reactionary mentality
    Permeates our society
    And it is the new reality
    For handling impropriety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People don't say what they mean
    And they don't mean what they say
    That's how they come squeaky clean
    And that's how their victims fall prey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please name the PTSA leaders. Are any of them running for a county office?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PTSA leaders, like their children, have long since graduated from MCPS, and are not running for public office.

      Delete
    2. Is PTSA pronounced as PIZZA?

      Delete
  4. and the faculty? still around?

    ReplyDelete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com