In this guide you can find out that:
- In FY09 MCPS had 139,276 students and Fairfax County Public Schools had 169,538 students (Page 14).
- In MCPS there are 23,421 students listed for Special Education Membership compared to 43,680 for Fairfax County Public Schools (Page 20).
- In MCPS the Cost per Pupil for FY 09 was $15,252 and for Fairfax it was $13,340 (Page 30).
- Montgomery County is the only county of the 9 shown where Cost per Pupil rose from FY09 to FY10 (Page 31).
- For FY10 Fairfax has 19 positions on its Leadership team, MCPS has 21(Pages 33-34).
- For FY 10 Fairfax has 160 positions for Management, MCPS has 289.7 (Pages 33-34).
- For FY 10 Fairfax has 135.5 Educational Specialists, MCPS has 196 (Pages 33-34).
Just comparing MCPS to Fairfax it appears that with more students, a higher percentage of ESOL students, and a larger Special Education population, Fairfax County Public Schools has less administration, higher SATs and smaller class sizes.
Take a look at the report for yourself, there is a lot more data to compare.