Here's a look back at the 2010 timeline of events:
- Alleghany County Public Schools news release announces their superintendent will travel to Australia as part of a Pearson Foundation funded trip.
- Montgomery County Board of Education releases to public proposed contract with Pearson Education, Inc.
- Surprise Pearson Education, Inc. contract is on Board of Education agenda for meeting. Pearson Education, Inc. has press release written and posted to their website as Board of Education votes on contract.
- Contract between Board of Education and Pearson Education, Inc. signed
- Jerry Weast begins 12 day trip to Australia
- Board of Education meeting. Weast is absent. COO Larry Bowers says Weast is "on leave this week." Board member Michael Durso comments on how busy schools are during the summer months.
- Weast's trip to Australia ends
- Examiner cover story: School boss's choice: Leave or get canned
- MCPS awarded up to $5 million for I3 Grant from Department of Education for "partnering" with Pearson Education, Inc.
- Maryland State Board of Education slams Montgomery County Board of Education for entering into contract to sell curriculum to Pearson Education, Inc.
- Jerry Weast announces he is stepping down in June of 2011
- Contract with Pearson Education, Inc. is amended,
but amended contract has not been released to the public or voted on at a public Board of Education meeting.January 29, 2012 - UPDATE: Parents' Coalition releases amendment to Pearson Education, Inc. contract showing that Pearson payment was reduced from $4.5 million to $1.25 million by Superintendent Jerry Weast without Board of Education approval.