There is a new Bill that has been introduced in Annapolis this legislative session that if passed, will change the time parents have to review the psychological tests MCPS (and any public school in MD) school psychologist provide prior to IEP meetings. Currently parents have 5 business days to review these papers. The new bill wants to reduce that to 5 calendar days.This will drastically impact the amount of time a parent has to review these documents. Many times once parents like myself receive reports we need to engage and pay for help understanding what the reports mean.
Please support special needs families by signing the petition "The MD State House: OPPOSE House Bill 596".
Our goal is to reach 1,000 signatures. The signatures will be forwarded to the sponsors of the bill.
Ali, MCPS Parent
You can read more and sign the petition here:
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Bonnie Cullison, District 19
- Delegate Ana Sol Gutierrez, District 18
- Delegate Jolene Ivey, District 47
- Delegate Ariana B. Kelly, District 16
- Delegate Eric G. Luedtke, District 14
- Delegate Kirill Reznik, District 39
- Delegate Shane Robinson, District 39
- Delegate Melvin L. Stukes, District 44
- Delegate Michael G. Summers, District 47
- Delegate Craig J. Zucker, District 14