Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Blake High School Principal Leaving for Frederick County Public Schools

Dear Members of the James Hubert Blake High School Community,

I am writing today to share with you the news that I am retiring from Montgomery County Public Schools. My last day of service as principal of James Hubert Blake High School will be July 7, 2017. In addition, I have accepted an administrative position with Frederick County Public Schools, effective August, 2017. In the coming days, the MCPS Office of School Support and Improvement (OSSI) and Office of Human Resources and Development (OHRD) will be providing details to the Blake community concerning the identification process for a new principal. In my remaining time, I will certainly work to ensure a smooth transition for Blake High School.
For the past seven years, it has been a rare privilege to serve as your principal. Every day, nearly 2,000 students and adults come together in one building on Norwood Road to study, learn, create and grow. I have appreciated your confidence, support and willingness to do what is best for our students. There are challenges to our work, but it has been a great partnership. Because of these collective positive efforts, Blake’s new principal will find that the future is a bright one for our community. From the day near 20 years ago in November, 1997 when I walked the construction site of the uncompleted, unnamed Northeast Consortium High School until now, Blake has been at the heart of my professional work. I have had the great good fortune to serve in five distinct positions within our school community, playing a role in the development of the culture, instructional programs, activities, and traditions that define Blake High School today. The decision was bittersweet, but this change offers many opportunities for me and my family. More importantly, it is an excellent opportunity for the Blake community to experience the benefits of new leadership. There are so many excellent facets to Blake High School, and that will continue to be the case for years to come.
I wish the students, parents and Blake families, both past and present, good fortune and success in the years ahead.
With appreciation,
Christopher S. Berry
Principal James Hubert Blake High School

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com