Monday, August 22, 2022

Anne Arundel County teacher: ‘We feel abandoned’ [Contractors in Public School Classrooms]

I am a special education teacher for Anne Arundel County Public Schools. I used to love my job.

I build kids’ confidence along with their skills, help them through some of life’s toughest challenges, and have some of the most amazing colleagues and administrators anyone in the profession could ask for. I consider myself well-paid when it comes to the teaching field, and for that I am grateful. But, being a single mom and dealing with the rising cost of being alive, I ventured on to Indeed.com last week to look for some ways I could earn additional income to make ends meet. That’s when everything changed.

I saw a posting for a special education teacher by a company called Staff EZ. Location? The north county cluster of AACPS, where I work. The pay? $100,000. People who were not allowed to be considered for the role? Current AACPS teachers. This is a number I wouldn’t be able to earn even if I spent the rest of my career in AACPS. My heart sank. I had to know what was going on...

Anne Arundel County teacher: ‘We feel abandoned’ | GUEST COMMENTARY – Baltimore Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com