Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Opinion U.S. surgeon general: I am concerned about social media and youth mental health

 

Vivek H. Murthy is the surgeon general of the United States.

“It’s a different kind of love, the love you have for your children,” my father would often say when I was growing up. When I became a parent and found myself hovering over my children’s cribs late at night to make sure they were okay, I understood. Nothing is more important than keeping our kids safe and giving them every chance to grow and thrive. As they reach adolescence, this means paying attention to how social media can affect their health and well-being.

When I travel around the country talking with parents, the No. 1 question they ask me has to do with social media: “Is it safe for my kids?” Nearly 70 percent of parents say their job is harder now than it was for parents 20 years ago, mainly because of technology and social media...


Opinion | U.S. Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy warns of social media for kids - The Washington Post

2 comments:

  1. "Many people lament the ubiquity and pervasive nature of social media, but no one will be able to put that particular genie back in the bottle."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Role Model Father:
    https://www.jewishtimes.com/its-all-about-relationships-sen-bobby-zirkin-reflects-on-politics-family-and-his-future/
    “I needed a break, my family needed a break from politics,” he said.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com