Showing posts with label Grand Jury. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Grand Jury. Show all posts

Monday, December 12, 2022

Loudoun Co. former superintendent Ziegler, school official indicted by special grand jury

RICHMOND, Va. (7News) — Loudoun County Public Schools former superintendent Scott Ziegler and the school system's public information officer Wayde Byard were indicted by a special grand jury following an investigation into two sexual assaults.

A Loudoun County judge ordered Monday that the documents be unsealed, according to a release from Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares. The indictments were handed up by a special grand jury, which was empaneled in April at the request of Miyares...

Loudoun Co. former superintendent Ziegler, school official indicted by special grand jury | WJLA

Monday, December 3, 2018

Grand Jury Indicts Four Damascus High Students in Reported Rape Case

The four Damascus High School students facing rape charges for allegedly assaulting four fellow junior varsity football players have been indicted by a Montgomery County grand jury.
Fifteen-year-olds Jean Abedi, Kristian Lee, Will Smith and Caleb Thorpe were each indicted Thursday night in Montgomery County Circuit Court on eight counts, including one count of first-degree rape, three counts of attempted first-degree rape and four counts of conspiracy to commit rape, according to the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office .
Abedi, Lee and Smith were initially charged with two counts of first-degree rape, two counts of attempted first-degree rape and two counts of conspiracy to commit first-degree rape. Thorpe was initially charged with four counts of first-degree rape and four counts of conspiracy to commit first-degree rape...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Montgomery moves forward on plan to remedy mismanagement at special education school

Montgomery school leaders are moving forward with a plan to make payments to students at a special education school for withdrawals from their school-arranged bank accounts, in spite of strong criticism that the proposal is inadequate.

The school board voted 6 to 1 last week to support the plan offered by Superintendent Joshua P. Starr to resolve mismanagement of work-study funds at Rock Terrace, a special education school in Rockville. Board Member Michael A. Durso opposed the plan, and student board member Justin Kim was absent.

and...

Lyda Astrove, a lawyer who has advocated for the families of Rock Terrace, had called Starr’s proposal “insulting” when it first became public, saying the $200 payments amounted to a “lowball” offer.

After the board’s action, Astrove said she was heartened that Durso “seemed to get it,” but was disappointed in the outcome. “I still think they need an independent auditor to look at it,” she said.

For the entire article go here.