Thursday, February 10, 2022

BOE Member's Wife's Company Gets $2.1M in COVID Relief $$$ from MCPS @mcps @mocoboe @ScottJoftus

Montgomery County Public Schools' Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund funding memo reveals that new Board of Education member Scott Joftus' wife's private company MoCo Kids Co, Inc., also known as KID Museum, was given $2.1 Million dollars in COVID-19 relief funding  that was directed to public schools through the ESSER funding. 

New Montgomery County Board of Education member Scott Joftus has yet to address this conflict of interest.


Scott Joftus' own company lists his wife's company, KID Museum, as a client.


KID Museum also shows former MCPS Superintendent Joshua Starr as a member of their Board of Directors and lists Scott Joftus and former Board of Education member Shirley Brandman under "advisors and corporate supporters."




4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry our educational system has become a money maker for some. I understand more as to why the unions are always asking for more and demanding less of our teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC BOE is corrupted. Remember that they voted unanimously to appoint Joftus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The less labor you do
    The more money you make
    With a pyramid of fools
    Supporting those who take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all. This is Scott Joftus. Please know the facts before you make up your mind. First, I’m very proud of my wife who founded KID Museum (a nonprofit, not a company—she makes $130,000 per year as executive director). She has gotten money for KID programming and facilities from MCPS and the County but all of these decisions were made well before I even considered joining the board. She has partnered with the last three superintendents and their boards. When I interviewed for the board, I told the board about my relationship. And I have undergone strict ethics screening by the board and there is no conflict of interest. I will be recusing myself from any future decisions.

    If you have any questions I am happy to discuss my cell is 301-524-2503. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com