Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Forbes: What does it say about our public school system when 82% of the high school students in a suburban county fail their Algebra 1 final exams?

...It implies quite strongly that our public schools are not doing a good job preparing America’s students in science, technology engineering and math (STEM) fields. 
The high failure rate on the exams happened in Montgomery County, Maryland, which is considered a well-off suburb of Washington, D.C., with high taxes that residents pay, at least in part, to fund the schools. According to U.S. News & World Report, “Maryland’s Montgomery County Public Schools contains 28 high schools. The district contains 11 schools that received gold, silver or bronze medals in the U.S. News Best High Schools rankings.”...
Article continues at link:

1 comment:

  1. It also says that 18% of the high school students should be in the academic track and the remaining 82% should think about pursuing either business or technical careers.


If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com